Join Elite Travel & Events Inc and 19 others on a South African Safari! Well, it's not only a South African Safari, this is the ultimate 10 day package for a discerning and like-minded group of 20 who will arrive as strangers and depart as lifelong friends after enjoying the best of what South Africa has to offer.
This is an almost all-inclusive package which includes all accommodation, all breakfasts, eight lunches and six dinners and plenty of drinks each day. All activities, guides, transfers, entry fees, parks fees, tips and taxes, with no hidden costs.
Get up close and personal with the big–5 on safari
Walk with elephants
Visit world famous wine estates
Give back by taking part in a community upliftment program and change the lives of those less fortunate than us
Take a helicopter tour of the world’s most beautiful city
Kayak with dolphins
Go to a concert in Kirstenbosch botanical gardens
Explore the peninsula & swim with the penguins
Thursday, February 27th, 2020
Depart your home city to Johannesburg, South Africa!
Saturday, February 29th, 2020
Arrive Johannesburg Airport, meet and greet service to transfer you to hotel .
- Nick and Olivia (our local tour guides) are around to meet everyone individually and give them personalized advice on how they can get the most out of their time in South Africa.
- Depending on flight times we will arrange an afternoon program. Options include visiting the neighborhoods market, the apartheid museum or simply just resting up after the long flights.
- Welcome dinner at an upmarket restaurant in the city- including lots of great wine!
Sunday, March 1st, 2020
No time to waste! Straight into action!
- Early breakfast before a 9:00am checkout then head to Glen Afric animal conservation reserve in Broedestroom.
- Group splits into two, one group has coffee on a beautiful deck then the other does a 30 minute guided walk with elephants - then swap around.
- At about 11:00am we will have a light snack and a glass of champagne before heading off to Thakadu river lodge.
- Check into the lodge just in time for a late afternoon game drive and a massive bush dinner!
Monday and Tuesday, March 2nd/3rd, 2020
- Days in the bush usually go like this, coffee and a light snack before your early morning game drive, big breakfast on return
- Big lunch, and some down time, relax, read, suntan - whatever you like.
- Everyone assembles for an afternoon tea and snacks, before your evening drive.
- Stop off for sundowners in the middle of the bush.
- Return to camp, sit around the fire and enjoy drinks before dinner.
- The Madikwe bush experience is something you simply cannot beat or match anywhere in the world – this is the best reserve in the country, in our books.
- Everything is included except for drinks at the lodge (drinks on safaris are included).
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
- Early morning game drive before a 9:30am check out.
- Depart on a 3.5 hour drive to Lanseria airport to make your 3pm flight to Cape Town, landing at 5pm.
- Check into the beautiful Mont d’Or boutique hotel in Franschoek where we have exclusive use of the property.
- After a day of travel, enjoy dinner at leisure - there are more than 30 excellent restaurants and cafes within a safe 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Thursday, March 5th, 2020
Breakfast at the hotel and then a day that involves some leisure time.
Enjoy the elegant town of Franschhoek and check out the numerous galleries and lifestyle shops and museums at your own pace. Or just lie by the pool and relax.
- Optional tours that can be signed up for on this day: each person may choose one tour at no charge.
A guided downhill adventure activity on a non-motorized bike through a mountain reserve (very family friendly, no great skill or fitness required) with Scooters.
Horse-riding in (or between) the vineyards.
Visit a Cheetah sanctuary at the Grand Provence and visit the incredible vintage car collection at the Franschhoek motor museum.
- Everyone meets at about midday back at the hotel before heading off to take part in a community upliftment program.
- At 2:00pm the group enjoys a super upscale gourmet picnic in the beautiful gardens of a top wine estate. Think cheese boards, freshly baked breads, local dips, fresh olives and fantastic wine.
- Head home to freshen up before a top-drawer two-course dinner at the Hussar grill steak house paired with lots of great wines!
Friday, March 6th, 2020
- Late breakfast and then a leisurely walk around the beautiful town of Franschhoek, do some exploring, shopping or simply catch some sun by the pool.
- 11am depart for Glenwood vineyards for a private cellar tour and wine tasting with the estate owner.
- Head for Babylonstoren at around for 12:45 for a 30 minute walk through the famous gardens.
- Leave for the Spice Route at about 1:45. This is a gastronomic emporium where we will do a wine and charcuterie tasting (included) and anyone is welcome to grab any extra lunch (own expense) as they walk around and try the different delights. One can also do chocolate, beer and grappa tastings at the Spice Route all under one roof.
- 3:30pm depart for Cape Town!! This is roughly a 1 hour drive.
- 5:00pm check in into the Radisson Red hotel, unpack, freshen up before meeting at 6:00pm in time for a helicopter tour of the city!
- Group dinner at a fun upmarket restaurant with wine and drinks, probably with live music and possible with dancing.
Saturday, March 7th, 2020
- Early breakfast before a big day out! 9am departure.
- Heading for the Norval foundation at Steenberg, walking around this epic modern art gallery and enjoy the wondrous gardens before hopping back onto the bus.
- Stop off in Kalk Bay for a quick look around the colorful harbor and an ice cream.
- Visit the famous boulders beach where you can say hello to the gorgeously friendly and quirky penguins.
- Lunch at the Black Marlin at Millers point, think big platters to share of the freshest seafood, fish, prawns, calamari and more... soft drinks and wine included.
- Then to Cape Point at about 3:30pm where you can go up in the funicular for unmatched views of Cape Point nature reserve.
- 5.30pm departing for Chapman’s Peak drive, stopping at all the hot spots for pictures.
- Those who feel like it can meet in Camps Bay for sundowners (own cost).
Sunday, March 8th, 2020
- Early morning kayaking adventure in Mouille Pt where we will hopefully see penguins, dolphins and maybe whales and sunfish.
- 9.30am late breakfast and a morning at leisure to shop at the Waterfront / go to the beach etc. After a busy few days, we are sure some people will want to explore and do their own thing for a bit. This is their chance.
- 12pm everyone meets in the lobby before heading out for a scenic drive. We will look round the Bo Kaap area (tasting samosas and koeksisters and other local snacks) and then go up Signal Hill for amazing views of the Atlantic Seaboard.
- 2:00 pm depart for Kirstenbosch botanical gardens and walk around some of the best botanical gardens in the world! Treasure hunt till you find our fynbos (natural herbs and plants that grow on the mountain) gin and tonic station!
- 4.30pm - 6.30pm enjoy a fantastic gourmet picnic with lots of drinks while we take in a wonderful Sunday Summer open-air concert.
- After a long day head back at about 7:00pm and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Monday, March 9, 2020
- Enjoy your last breakfast before checking out.
- Depending on flight times and the weather permits, those who are interested could go up and down Table Mountain in the cable car, or even climb it!
Cape Town ($2,999 value)
Safari ($3,999 value)
Garden Route ($1,999 value)
Cape Winelands ($1,999 value)
$10,996 total value
$5,997 regular price
Yours for only
Final Payment Due
Friday, December 13th, 2019
9 Nights luxury accommodation
Fine wines at most meals
Six 3-hour guided safari drives
1 gin and botanicals tasting
Full peninsula tour
Outreach community visit
Sea kayak adventure with whales and dolphins
Kirstenbosch summer concert
Horse riding or cheetah visit
All entry fees, parks fees, tips and taxes
Guaranteed fun and more!!