Join Elite Travel & Events Inc and 24 others on a South African Safari! Well, it's not only a South African Safari, there will also be plenty of wine tasting, helicopter rides, swimming with penguins, community upliftment projects, luxury yachts and more! This locally guided tour departs November 8th and returns the 18th, 2019.
One of our local guides, Nicholas Sadleir, is a distant cousins with the Sadleir family of Elite Travel & Events Inc. As a local of Cape Town, South Africa, his love for his home country has brought him and his girlfriend, Olivia, to provide tours for people who want to experience all the best spots of South Africa which only a local knows. This fun loving duo has put together this amazing itinerary including only their favorite places in their home country.
Don't just dream it! Do it! Join us on a South African Safari like no other!
We have only two rooms left so don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
3 nights at the 4 star Commodore at the Cape Town V and A Waterfront (all deluxe rooms with a view)
2 nights at the 4 star Mont d’or guesthouse Franschhoek (exclusive use of the 11-room property)
3 nights at 4.5 star Thakadu River Lodge in the Madikwe (Big 5) Game Reserve with all meals included (exclusive use of the 12-roomed property)
All domestic flights and transfers
5 or 6 safari drives
A helicopter trip over the Atlantic Seaboard
Chartering a large luxury motor yacht for a sunset party
Most meals and plenty of drinks
All park concession fees, entrance fees, taxes, tolls, tips, etc
A welcome gift pack, cap and other surprises
Friday, November 8th, 2019
Depart your home city to Cape Town, South Africa!
Sunday, November 10th, 2019
Arrive Cape Town Airport, meet and greet service, transfer to the V and A Commodore .
- Suggest day at leisure / walk around the V and A waterfront to get a feeling for things. This is a very safe and tourist friendly harbor development with great shops and restaurants with views and live African music etc..
- Nick and Olivia (our local tour guides) are around to meet everyone individually and give them personalized advice on how they can get the most out of their time in South Africa.
- Welcome drinks and an upmarket dinner at or near the hotel (included).
Monday, November 11th, 2019
No time to waste! Straight into action with a guided full-day, big day out peninsular tour:
9am latest: All aboard a luxury air conditioned bus from your hotel.
- Visit to Kirstenbosch botanical garden (perhaps the most impressive in the world) for an hour long very gentle walking tour of this amazing botanical garden on the slopes of Table Mountain. This a very special place indeed!
- Kalk Bay Harbour for a quick walk on the pier and a chance to look in a couple of antique shops / grab an ice cream.
- 12.30 arrive at Whale Song Luxury Villa in Simon’s Town (Nick and Olivia’s beach house) to enjoy a private-chef catered South African seafood barbecue lunch (included in the package, with cocktails and great wines).
- We will lead a walk (very short distance) from the house down to Boulders Beach to meet the African penguin colony. Swimming with penguins is optional but very much encouraged! House is to be enjoyed to the full and used as a base for having fun, changing and showering etc.
- 3.30pm – Arrive at Cape Point Vineyards for a wine and cheese tasting (included) with a view overlooking the 5-mile long Noordhoek Beach. Their Isliedh wine was awarded the best white blend in the world!
- Drive back to Cape Town (1 hour away) via Chapman’s Peak – one of the most scenic drives in the world. We will likely also stop in Camps Bay for a drink and take some photos at South Africa’s most iconic beach strip.
- Back to hotel in time for dinner (not included) at leisure.
Tuesday, November 12th, 2019
Hike up Table Mountain via Skeleton Gorge (strenuous 3.5 hours) with Nick and or a guide who knows the mountain very well! Suggest climbers leave hotel 8.30am after breakfast.
- 9am non hikers leave hotel to take a guided drive / walk (non strenuous) of Cape Town city including:
- District 6 Museum (a small but excellent museum that details how a whole district of the city was demolished because black and white people were illegally living in the same neighborhood!)
- A stroll through the parliament gardens.
- The Bo Kaap Cape Malay heritage area (rows of beautiful colorful little houses in a historic Muslim area) parliament gardens.
- 11.30 drop by the Noon gun canon firing – this is Cape Town’s oldest tradition and boasts sensational views and an informative 15-minute speech by the gun firer from the navy. The canon blast can be heard across Cape Town and reminds residents to start doing some work (OK, maybe not the real reason!).
- 1pm hikers and non-hikers meet on top of Table Mountain for
champagne and a freshly prepared light picnic lunch (all included).
- 3pm-5pm leisure / shopping time at the Waterfront.
- 5pm afternoon helicopter trip – we will charter five helicopters for a very scenic and fun tour of the Atlantic Seaboard from the sky – no better way to see the lay of the land!
- Early evening sundowner cruise on a large super-luxury motor yacht from the Waterfront with drinks and a light finger dinner included. If weather is bad for boating then we will just take everyone out for a top notch dinner instead!
Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
7am guided kayak adventure with Kaskazi in Mouille Point (10 minute drive from hotel) – opportunities to see the Big Five of the sea: dolphins, whales, seals, penguins, sun fish, sharks, etc!
- 9.30-10am late breakfast
- 11am departure after check out
- 12pm visit Babylonstoren wine estate and gardens (optional wine tasting and cellar tours etc). We recommend the Babylonstoren visit to not be a group activity but everyone does what they like there for an hour and meets back at the bus.
- 1.30pm private tour with winemaker and wine tasting “live menu” fine dining lunch at Glenwood Vineyards. All included in package and inclusive of eight food and wine tasting pairings, a main course and a glass of wine.
- 4pm check into Mont d’Or boutique hotel in central Franschhoek.
- Evening at leisure. Time for an early night after a very busy few days! Great little restaurants and cafes are a short safe walk away for dinner but you won’t be hungry after a big late lunch.
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
Breakfast at the hotel and then a day that involves some leisure time.
Enjoy the elegant town of Franschhoek and check out the numerous galleries and lifestyle shops and museums at your own pace. Or just lie by the pool and relax.
- Optional tours that can be signed up for on this day: each person may choose one tour at no charge.
A guided downhill adventure activity on a non-motorized bike through a mountain reserve (very family friendly, no great skill or fitness required) with Scooters.
Horse-riding in (or between) the vineyards.
An afternoon on the marvelous wine tram – traveling in style and tasting wine at several incredible vineyards.
- Late afternoon - an optional visit will be arranged to a community upliftment project. This may be an orphanage or early learning center. We might organize a friendly soccer match with some local underprivileged children and have the opportunity to forge future charitable relations with the entity. Olivia’s mother, Nikki, runs several of these projects in Franschhoek.
- Lunch and dinner are not included in this “freestyle” day. Dinner at leisure – feel free to walk around town and eat in smaller groups (nice to get a break from meals with 20 people!) at the multitude of gastronomy offerings in this French cuisine focused town.
Friday, November 15th, 2019
Early check out at 7am. Packed breakfast on bus to the airport (1 hour drive).
- Fly at around 10am to Lanseria Airport.
- 12.30 transfer to the magical Thakadu River Lodge in Madikwe Game Reserve (4 hours).
- 4.30pm safari drive en route to the camp in time for check in, drinks and a fantastic dinner and storytelling by the fire of the boma!
Saturday, November 16th, 2019
Generally a day at the lodge goes like this:
- Very early morning light breakfast, morning safari game drive, huge brunch. Then relaxing time by pool and reading and napping and tanning and enjoying a glass of wine. Then assemble for afternoon tea and then a big game drive with the super-knowledgeable safari guides and sundowners and a huge dinner and more drinking around the fire etc! The Madikwe bush experience is something you simply cannot beat or match anywhere in the world – this is the best reserve in the country, in
Sunday, November 17th, 2019
Repeat of Saturday
Monday, November 18th, 2019
Morning game drive and breakfast before transfer to airport.
- If there is time for an activity (eg Apartheid museum visit) before flights then that can be arranged. Alternatively, Chartwell Stables (the Sadleir cousin’s horse ranch) is available to all for lunch / chill by pool / kill some time / stay a night etc before your flight out – everyone is always welcome at Chartwell Stables!