Join Elite Travel & Events Inc in partnership with Steadfast Africa on a seven-day trip that gives you a taste of what South Africa has to offer, focusing on safari, Cape Town and the Cape winelands.
Most trips to South Africa are about the focal points of safari and the Cape, and often skip Joburg. However, this sprawling metropolis has a lot to offer and it is also the main transport hub. This trip includes one night in Johannesburg and we will get a chance to see the country’s engine and feel the energetic African pulse. We will have time for either a township tour or a visit to the remarkable Apartheid museum and get in some good wining and dining too.
How many agents sell safaris but have never actually been on one? This is Africa’s USP and it is really hard to know what the experience is like until you have experienced it. We have secured great rooms at a luxury safari lodge and will also visit a cultural village and do a walk with elephants all on the way there. The vast landscapes and spectacular African wildlife is reason enough to safari in Southern Africa. With great chances of seeing all of the big 5, and more, being within meters from these incredible animals, watching them in their natural environment is something words cannot describe. Think off the grid luxury and relaxation in the middle of the African bush, with some forced time away from our screens (don’t worry, there is always good WIFI at the lodge).
Cape Town is one of the most beautiful places on earth, with mountains, beaches and a heart so vibrant it’s no surprise its fast becoming one of the most popular places in the world. Year after year it wins awards as the best travel destination in the world. Beaches, nature, trendy food and drink, 300-year old wine estates, outdoor activities and a plethora of high-end luxe offerings, the list goes on. It is at once stylish, European and African. Add the fact that direct flights from the States to CPT International begin later this year and you have a combo that means that Cape Town
is sure to become the hottest destination for the American market over the next few years. Steadfast is based in Cape Town and it is here that we really know everything and everyone and can offer an experience to our guests in Cape Town that you just simply won’t find from any other DMC / operator. We have you staying in an upmarket 4-star hotel near the V&A waterfront for your time in Cape Town and have plenty of activities, surprises, meals and drinks all lined up!
Wine tasting is one of the best and most popular ways to spend a day in Cape Town.
Combine the delicious wines with some of the most beautiful landscapes on earth, 300- year old Cape Dutch architecture and awe-inspiring food, and it’s no surprise that it’s one of Cape Town’s most beloved activities for visitors and locals alike. This region of the western cape offers people a chance to experience beauty, grasslands
and how the vineyards grow and result in the most spectacular red and white Cape wines- which are world renown. Wine estates are a dime a dozen, so it can be hard to know where to start- for this part of the trip we have you covered and have ensured you experience the best of the Cape winelands. Here we will stay in an upmarket 4 star guesthouse.
Big 5- safari
Gastronomic private chef dinner
Community upliftment program
Cape Peninsula tour
Boulders beach penguin colony
Helicopter trip or paragliding
Hiking up Table Mountain
Great take-home giftpacks and souvenirs
Free time for shopping and leisure
7 nights luxury accommodation
7 x breakfast
4 x lunch
4 x dinner
3 x activity
1 x wine tasting
1 x gin tasting
Local flights and transfers
Park entrance and concession fees
Depending on arrival times we should have time for one outing – either a Soweto township and shebeen tour, or a more serious but important visit to the Apartheid museum, to learn more about the deep cultural history of South Africa.
Then a the group meets for a fantastic welcome dinner before early bed in our upmarket 4-star boutique hotel.
Pilanesberg or Madikwe safari
Departing from JHB it’s about a 2-hour drive to the safari lodge. On the way there we will stop to walk with elephants at Glen Afric and also visit the Lesedi Cultural Village for lunch.
- The Aha group has guaranteed us rooms at their luxury lodges.
- Days at the lodge usually go like this, early morning game drive (3 hours) come back to the lodge for a wonderful breakfast. We will be pampered and spoilt and also enjoy some down time to relax (probably the only time in this whistle stop tour of South Africa.
- The day is yours! Chill by the pool, read, get a massage or do nothing.
- Enjoy big lunch before heading for the afternoon game drive, stopping off for drinks in the middle of the bush.
- Enjoy the chef’s work as we settle down to a fantastic dinner.
- Early morning game drive an then a lunch time flight to Cape Town from Lanseria airport.
Cape Town and Winelands
We will spend 3 nights in Cape Town itself and one night outside of town in the winelands of Franschhoek / Stellenbosch. We will aim to do as much as possible from the following list and will have our final itinerary ready soon. Many activities are weather dependent so we will have to juggle the exact order of things a little closer to the time as we want to cram as much in as possible over the next few days.
- A guided tour of the colorful houses of Bo-kaap Cape Malay quarter.
- A guided hike up Table Mountain with a champagne picnic as a reward at the top (cable car option for non hikers).
- A walking tour of Kirstenbosch botanical gardens – perhaps the finest in the world. The Cape floral kingdom is really something.
- Craft gin tasting with local botanicals and food pairings.
- Either a cruise or a helicopter tour.
- A visit to the Zeits Mocca modern art museum, the Norval Foundation, The Dylan Lewis Sculpture Park.
- Dinner on the rooftop of the coolest art hotel in town, just featured by Conde’ Nast.
- Full day peninsula tour, stopping off at all the various hot spots, like Hout Bay, Kalk Bay, Cape Point and the picturesque Boulders beach penguin colony where you can swim and swim with penguins.
- A visit to Whale Song luxury villa where a fully catered fish barbecue awaits you – 40 penguins live in the garden of this chic beach villa.
- Many scenic drives and FOMO-creating photo opportunities.
- A picnic in the beautifully lush gardens at a premium wine estate. Afternoon tasting at Glenwood wine estate
- Enjoy the chance to give back by visiting and taking part in a hands-on community upliftment project.
- A visit to the cheetah outreach project.
- Wine tasting and pairing and a wine cellar tour by a master winemaker.